We are currently accepting applications for an entry-level geotechnical project engineer. The responsibilities will include working with our engineering team on the performance of project-related tasks.
The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers, geologists and scientists on projects involving subsurface explorations, foundation-related construction, and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials.
- Field monitoring of subsurface explorations, construction monitoring of earthwork, pile installation, and environmental remediation.
- Planning and executing subsurface explorations.
- Preparation of cost proposals and geotechnical reports.
- Engineering analyses, studies and calculations.
- Geotechnical computer modeling.
- Design of temporary excavation support systems.
- Interact and communicate with staff, clients and subcontractors
- Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering, supported by Bachelor=s of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training and/or 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of experience monitoring subsurface explorations and/or foundation-related construction involving earth retention systems in the field is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in performing earth support design, geotechnical analysis, and other related tasks is preferred.
- Strong structural engineering skills (structural analysis and steel design) is preferred.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is preferred.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office. Experience with PLAXIS, Blastware, LPILE, Shoring, SLOPE, MathCAD, MODFLOW, GRLWEAP, and/or Shake is preferred.
Please send resume to McPhail Associates, LLC c/o firstname.lastname@example.org