McPhail Associates, LLC is a geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering consulting firm located in Cambridge, Massachusetts within walking distance of Davis Square. We are currently seeking a full-time field technician position. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of engineers, geologists and scientists on projects in the field involving subsurface explorations, foundation-related construction, and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials. The job will require daily travel to construction sites which are primarily located in eastern Massachusetts. McPhail Associates offers a robust benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
- Monitor foundation-related construction activities such as earthwork and pile installation.
- Perform in-place density testing on backfill material.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Prepare daily field reports.
- Perform environmental sampling of soil, groundwater, soil gas and indoor air.
- Monitor environmental remediation.
- Perform laboratory geotechnical testing.
- Perform vibration monitoring with seismographs.
- Monitor subsurface explorations (i.e. borings, test pits, etc.).
- Communicate activities with project team on a daily basis.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience monitoring subsurface explorations and/or foundation-related construction involving earth retention systems is preferred.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driverís license with reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel to project sites in Massachusetts and surrounding area.
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training or 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred but not required.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office.
Please send resume to McPhail Associates, LLC c/o firstname.lastname@example.org