We are currently accepting applications for an entry-level civil engineer or geologist for a field technician position. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers, geologists and scientists on projects in the field involving subsurface explorations, foundation-related construction, and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials.
- Monitor subsurface explorations (i.e. borings, groundwater observation well installations, geoprobes, test pits, CPTs, etc.).
- Document soil, rock and groundwater conditions.
- Perform environmental sampling of soil and groundwater.
- Monitor environmental remediation.
- Monitor foundation-related construction activities such as earthwork and pile installation.
- Perform laboratory geotechnical testing.
- Perform vibration monitoring with seismographs.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Prepare daily field reports.
- Communicate activities with project team on a daily basis.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Geology or related discipline.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Valid driverís license.
- Ability to travel to project sites in Massachusetts and surrounding area.
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training or 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience monitoring subsurface explorations is a plus.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office.
Please send resume to McPhail Associates, LLC c/o firstname.lastname@example.org