McPhail Associates, located in Cambridge, MA and a five-minute walk to Davis Square T station, is seeking a motivated environmental professional to complement our innovative and sociable staff in the pursuit of providing creative and efficient solutions to our clients' environmental and geotechnical needs. Job responsibilities will include collaborating with our team under the guidance of our associates and principals through all aspects of our projects including project management, technical tasks, and client relations.
The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers, geologists and scientists on projects involving environmental due diligence, environmental regulatory compliance, subsurface explorations, and the assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials.
McPhail Associates offers a robust benefits package, company outings, and substantial opportunities for professional growth.
- Management of geoenvironmental projects involving due diligence, soil management, remediation design and implementation, and MCP and other regulatory compliance
- Management of due diligence assessments for our clients, including preparation of ASTM Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment reports.
- Management of dewatering permit applications.
- Evaluation, design and implementation of soil and groundwater remediation systems for clean-up of sites affected by oil and hazardous materials.
- Management and preparation of state and federal regulatory compliance reports.
- Site soil management tasks including preparation of soil disposal pre-characterization reports and soil disposal facility profiles.
- Planning and overseeing subsurface explorations.
- Occasional oversight of subsurface explorations, storage tank removals, environmental remediation, and soil disposal management.
- Interaction and communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Minimum bachelorís degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Geology, or related field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience preparing and/or reviewing ASTM Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and MCP submittals, environmental work scope proposals and project budget management, and general correspondence related to environmental matters. Strong candidates having 3 to 5 years of experience may be considered.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Professional licensure a plus, or a career track towards professional licensure.
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training or 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP) and similar regulations/standards.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office.
Please send resume to McPhail Associates, LLC c/o email@example.com