We are currently accepting applications for an entry-level environmental engineer/scientist position. The responsibilities will include assisting our engineering/environmental scientist team with the performance of project-related tasks.
The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineers, geologists and scientists on projects involving environmental due diligence, environmental regulatory compliance, subsurface explorations, and the assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater impacted by oil and hazardous materials.
- Preparation of ASTM Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Preparation of dewatering permit applications.
- Preparation of state and federal regulatory compliance reports.
- Preparation of chemical testing data tables.
- Preparation of soil disposal pre-characterization reports and soil disposal facility profiles.
- Planning and executing subsurface explorations.
- Sampling of soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air.
- Occasional field monitoring of subsurface explorations, storage tank removals, and environmental remediation.
- Interact and communicate with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 1 to 3 years experience preparing ASTM Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and MCP submittals.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Current 10-hour OSHA Construction Industry Training or 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP) is preferred.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office.
Please send resume to McPhail Associates, LLC c/o firstname.lastname@example.org